FLORIDA/TEXAS— Pool contractors in both, Florida and Texas, are busy businesses all year round. From excavation, construction, installation, service, repair or renovation of in-ground or above-ground swimming pools, hot tubs and spas — to the very important routine maintenance, especially in extreme temperatures be it cold or hot. Pool contractors require a comprehensive program that addresses the unique coverage requirements for companies that provide those types of services.
During the winter it is just as important to provide maintenance services to pools whether in-ground or above. If you have an above ground pool with the pool filter system and plumbing above ground, pipes and pumps can freeze up in less than an hour below 32 degrees. The same is true for in-ground pool equipment that is not running when temperatures are below freezing, and you may end up having an overwhelming amount of customer calls every time a hard freeze is expected.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST:
- Negligence and mistakes leading to lawsuits and damages
- Harm or injury caused by your services
- Damage from faulty workmanship and materials
- Environmental or pollution exposures
- Damage to equipment and materials during transport
- Injury or property damage caused by your employees
- Employment-related claims
- Replacing or repairing broken equipment, owned and leased
- Business down time and loss of income due to equipment failure
- Vehicle accidents, bodily injury, and property damage
While general liability is the most important type of insurance to have, there are several other forms of coverage you should consider, like commercial property insurance for damages or theft, commercial auto insurance, and if you have employees you may also need a workers compensation insurance policy in order to protect income and future earnings, equipment and tools, and business vehicles.
Why Is Swimming Pool Contractor Insurance Important
The following are common scenarios a swimming pool contractor may face throughout the length of their services:
- During the installation of a swimming pool at a private residence, the homeowner’s child is injured while playing on excavation equipment that you left there overnight.
- A pool that you are providing maintenance services for is overly chlorinated due to an employee error or a mechanical malfunction and several swimmers suffer chemical burns on their bodies.
- One of your employees is responsible for a multi-car collision while driving a loaded dump truck from a site where you have freshly dug for a new pool installation.
An experienced pool contractor knows that protecting what you have with the right amount of insurance, and the policy limits that best suits your business, is the right way run it.
At Garzor Insurance we care about your business. Our experienced professionals are dedicated to providing commercial insurance, including business general liability coverage in Texas as well as Florida, and now many other states across the U.S. Our new offices in Texas are in located at:
10777 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77042
100 Strickland Plaza
Irving, TX 75060
If you have questions about truck insurance, or any other commercial insurance aspects, please do not hesitate to visit us online at Garzor Insurance, or you may want to call us directly at (321) 206-8035.
Licensed Insurance Agent