How to Protect Fine Art in Your Business
FLORIDA/TEXAS, July 2023—Owning a business that displays fine art can be a delight, but it comes with a few responsibilities as well. The artwork in your business may be easily damaged or stolen if not protected properly, costing you a significant amount of money. Many business owners overlook the importance of securing their artwork, that's why we are here to help you with some of the best ways to safeguard your fine art.
1. Obtain Insurance Coverage: The most crucial step in protecting fine art in your business is to obtain insurance coverage. You need to make sure your artwork is listed by the insurance company, with the proper value assigned to each piece. Consider extra insurance coverage for artworks that have sentimental value or cannot be replaced. Contact a specialist who is knowledgeable in fine art to make sure you have the right coverage.
2. Install Security Cameras: The presence of security cameras will discourage anyone who might be tempted to steal the artwork. Cameras will allow you to monitor real-time activity around the artworks and have a clear image of anyone who might damage or steal the artwork. Make sure to store all of the footage securely, as it can also be used as evidence in the event of a theft.
3. Place Art in a Secure Location: Keep art out of reach in secure locations such as behind glass, inside a locked vitrine, or well-lit and enclosed areas. Make sure the locations of the artwork are visible from various points in the business. This will deter any potential burglars from trying to steal the artwork as it might attract attention.
4. Implement Regular Maintenance and Cleaning: Regular inspection and cleaning of your artworks are also necessary to maintain their conditions. Ensure that cleaning and maintenance of artwork are carried out by professional art conservators, who can identify damage or wear and tear, to address and prevent any issues that may occur long term.
5. Train and Educate Your Employees: Your employees play a vital role in protecting your artwork. They should be educated on how to handle and safeguard the collection. Make sure to implement strict protocols for receiving and transporting your artwork, especially when installing new art pieces.
Artwork in a business is not only an investment but also a part of its personality. Taking the necessary measures to protect the artwork will not only prevent losses but also create a safe and secure environment for your employees, customers, and visitors. With these tips, you can ensure that your artwork will be protected for decades to come.
At Garzor Insurance we care about your business.
Our experienced professionals are dedicated to providing commercial and personal insurance options in Florida as well as Texas, and now many other states across the U.S. If you also have questions about truck or other commercial vehicles insurance, or any other business insurance aspects, please do not hesitate to visit us online at Garzor Insurance, or you may want to call us directly at (321) 206-8035.