Orlando, Fla.—During September 12-18, 2021 we are celebrating the National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. For us at Garzor Insurance, as well as everyone else in America, this is an important time to pay respect and thank all the professional truck drivers for their hard work and commitment in undertaking one of our economy's most demanding and important jobs. Truck drivers are amongst the hardest working people committing their lives to tackling one of the toughest jobs in America.
We are talking about 3.5 million professional men and women who not only deliver our goods safely, securely, and on time, they also keep our highways safe.
This year's National Truck Driver Appreciation Week takes on a special significance considering the crucial role truck drivers have played during the COVID-19 pandemic along with the long standing driver shortage they have endured. Americans in all fifty states have taken extraordinary steps to show their appreciation for the important work that professional truck drivers have done as we navigate our way through the coronavirus pandemic. You too can show your love for these everyday heroes on our roads.
Truck Industry Facts
- In 2018, the trucking industry was an astounding $796.7 billion industry, representing 80.3% of the nation’s freight bill.
- More than 80% of U.S. communities depend solely on trucking for delivery of their goods and commodities.
- The average truck driver spends 240+ nights away from home each year.
- The total industry employment is 7.8 million, or one out of every 16 people working in the United States.
- Only 6% of America's truck drivers are women.
- Professional truck drivers drove over 287.9 billion miles in 2016, more than double 25 years ago. Those miles accounted for 14.2% of all motor vehicle miles and 29.8% of all truck miles.
- In 2018, the trucking industry hauled 11.49 billion tons of freight, or 71.4% of total U.S. freight tonnage. Rail was the next busiest mode, moving 13.8% of the nation’s freight tonnage.
- The trucking industry paid $43.5 billion in federal and state highway taxes in 2017. The trucking industry paid $17.7 billion in federal highway-user taxes and $25.8 billion in state highway-user taxes in 2017.
- A new truck produces one-tenth the fine particulate emissions and smog-forming NOx emissions as a similar truck manufactured just seven years ago.
A few ideas to express gratitude for their hard work and its positive impact in our daily lives may include:
- A simple thank you note or I (Love/Heart) Trucks
- Drivers and families night out
- Meaningful gifts such as:
- Electric Blanket
- Truck Mattress
- Wireless Bluetooth Headset
- Pressure Relieving Cushion
- Shower Kits
- Audio Books
- XM Satellite Radio
- Truck Atlas
- Portable Vehicle Safe
- Truck Servicing like washing windows.
Most importantly, show appreciation all year round!
At Garzor Insurance we care about your business. Our experienced professionals are dedicated to providing commercial insurance, including business general liability coverage in Florida as well as Texas, and now many other states across the U.S.A. If you have questions about truck insurance, or any other commercial insurance aspects, please do not hesitate to visit us online at Garzor Insurance, or you may want to call us directly at (321) 206-8035.
Diana Munoz, CRIS
Trucking - Transportation Specialist