Orlando, Fla.— During the summer, when all families want to have they pools ready for some fun-under-the-sun, especially now that it represents one of the favorite activities we are still encouraged to enjoy in the outdoor because the chlorine kills germs—Pool Cleaning services must be well protected against risks. Although for us Floridians, this is a year round topic because even in the cooler season, many of us enjoy a good swim on a heated pool, the summer months are special because families are on holiday and kids are out of school which oftentimes mean more use backyard entertainment.
When you own a Pool Cleaning service in Florida, you must take every possible precaution, because you may be held legally responsible if another person gets hurt or if their property is damaged while on duty, including your employees. It is important to know that in Florida employers have a legal responsibility to their employees to make the workplace safe.
Typical Insurance Coverage for Pool Cleaning services:
- General Liability— pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations.
- Workers Compensation — provides medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs to employees who are injured or become ill while on their job.
- Commercial Auto Insurance—protects cars, trucks and vans, that are used for business. Commercial vehicles require a separate policy because they are typically exposed to more risk than personal cars.
- Bodily Injury—is coverage for contractors who work with heavy machinery and need to be prepared for accidents due to power tools and other hazards.
- Property Damage—is coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property.
- Personal and Advertising—this is the section of your pool cleaners general liability insurance policy that helps protect you legally and financially against lawsuits related to claims that your advertising was slanderous against another company or the use of a logo without permission.
- Products and Completed Operation—provides liability protection for damages and legal expenses, up to your policy's limit, if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You— if you rent a property for business purposes, this part of a general liability insurance policy is often required by the property owner before you are allowed to sign a lease.
- Medical Expense Limit—if injuries are minor, this portion of your general liability insurance often pays for the medical care costs even when your company is not to blame for the injury. Some companies adopt this preventive measure to avoid bigger and possible more expensive issues ahead.
Need help finding the right Business and Liability insurance coverage for your business in Florida, Georgia, Texas and many other states in the U.S?
At Garzor Insurance we specialize in commercial insurance coverage for businesses. If you have questions about business insurance, or any other commercial insurance aspects, do not hesitate to visit us online at Garzor Insurance, or you may also call us directly at (321) 206-8035.
Yaralyn Diaz, CSR
Commercial Lines CSR
View Yaralyn Diaz, CSR's Profile
Main Office - Orlando, Fl
Office Number: 321-206-8035